As an online seller, you should already know that product images play a huge role in online selling. Customers want real images of a product they are going to pay for, even better if you can provide them with multiple images of that one product from a different angle and probably a zoom in shot so they can see the material of the product or have a closer look at the product. Your brand is often judged based on the quality of your visual presentation. That means having high-quality, beautiful product photography can go a long way and also gain customers trust in your products.
Since not every small business can afford a professional photographer, here are some steps and guidance to help you with your own DIY product photography using the right tools and techniques.
Things you will need:
- Phone camera, DSLR camera or a digital camera (either one will work just fine)
- Tripod or phone stand
- Beautiful background (something that would let your product stand out) or mini portable photography studio
- Good lighting or natural sunlight
- Table or flat surface
Steps for your photography session:
- Prepare products and the right backdrop you are going to use.
- Set up your table or a surface that you will be using for this session.
- Set up your background or mini portable photo studio.
- Set up your camera or phone camera and stand.
- Set up your product in the middle of the background or in the middle of the mini portable photo studio, if you got one.
- Make sure to have the room lit up properly, with proper lighting or natural sunlight.
- Take a few pictures and evaluate, then choose the perfect one.
- Get your pictures retouched to make it look good.
There are many apps you can download on your mobile even to touch up your final images before uploading them. Make sure to not share fake images, this is a big NO NO!!!
High-quality product images really play a role in converting sales. You need to understand that customers are not able to touch and feel the product, so how can you deliver images that allow them to get close enough to see the product quality, material and etc.
I hope this will help get you better product images for your online business. Goodluck!Tags: attractcustomers, boost sales, online platform, online seller, onlinebusinesstips, onlineselling, onlinestore, photgraphy, product, product image, sell on facebook, sell online, tips
Categorised in: Reseller
This post was written by Cornelia Lyman